TRS Rehired Retiree Employment Verification Form
A TRS Rehired Retiree Employment Verification Form for every rehired retiree in the TRS system who is beginning OR continuing employment.
These are due each year by July 1st.
Any department/supervisor who does not complete a form for a rehired retiree can expect an audit from TRS and this will put the retiree’s retirement in jeopardy. In addition, ACA requires that each rehired retiree have a timecard populated according to their hiring status as part-time faculty (teaching) or as a .49 or less for hourly employees. Each department is responsible for approving/signing off on rehired retiree timecards.
WHEN COMPLETING FORMS PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:
- The hiring official may complete the form but ALL submitted forms must have the HRAC signature as final authorization on page 2.
- This form is NOT to be completed by the rehired retiree.
- For hiring purposes at GSU only the “Part-Time Employment” section is to be completed on page 1. (The Salaried section is completed if the rehired retiree is teaching a class, the Hourly section is completed for all other rehires.)
MAXIMUM PART TIME HOURS TRS RETIREES CAN WORK FOR EACH MONTH
FOR YOUR REFERENCE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE:
- Employment Verification for a Retiree Returning to Work Form (attached).
- FY 2018 Maximum Monthly Hours Schedule: Rehired retirees must stay within the monthly hour allotments (attached).
- Auditing of Retiree Accounts: http://www.trsga.com/retiree/working-after-retirement/auditing-of-retiree-accounts
- Working after Retirement: http://www.trsga.com/retiree/working-after-retirement/overview